Positive aspects of Framing With Steel Studs

I've heard all kinds of stories over the years with the benefits in framing with steel versus wood studs. A single time I even heard you could construct an total house using the quantity of recycled steel from a large automobile including a Cadillac. I discover this hard to believe unless of course you are developing a very small home.

My personal preferred for framing with steel studs is the fact that they may be really straight. I have built nonbearing partition walls making use of 12 foot 3 1/2 inch wide steel studs and soon after the drywall you are able to lay an 8 foot level to verify it for straightness on the wall with remarkable results.

Should you use 3 1/2 inch wide steel studs with 5/8 of an inch drywall you are going to get an very durable and sturdy wall. Framing was steel studs is typical in workplace renovations or remodeling. Most of the steel stud framing is carried out through the drywall contractors.

Steel studs and termites tend not to mix. You'll in no way have to worry about these small buggers or other uninvited home pests damaging your walls.

Over the years I've heard stories that steel framed buildings are earthquake and fire proof. They could be more resistant to fire than wood but retain in thoughts when metal is hot enough it'll bend and warp generating it unusable.

When I hear men and women talking about a fireproof building constructed with metal framing elements my initial believed is all of the other supplies utilized in creating the house which can be not fire resistant. Do not get a false illusion when purchasing a house framed with steel studs and think it can be 100% fire proof.

As far as steel framed buildings being earthquake proof this can be yet another story. I genuinely cannot comment an excessive amount of on earthquake harm to a steel developing. The problem with earthquakes is they appear to generate fires. So even if you happen to be building does survive an earthquake it could get damaged by a fire within the area.I've framed a lot more wood households than steel properties over the years and my steel stud construction is limited to nonbearing partition walls typically situated in office buildings. I appreciate framing with metal because of its light weight and ease of construction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

2010-2011 Steel Buildings